Friday, March 28, 2014

The Toxin Freedom Fighters Campaign from Seventh Generation

This is a sponsored post from Seventh Generation. I was paid to write this, but as always, all opinions are my own. Please visit my Disclosure tab at the top of the page if you would like to know more about my personal disclosure policy.



I have been hearing for years that eco-friendly and all natural things are the way to go, but when I go to the store, there are thousands of brands to choose from. Prices vary, quality varies, and a lot of companies boast that they are safe. But are they really?

I found the opportunity to write about Seventh Generation and the Toxic Freedom Fighters Campaign, and I thought it would be good for me to learn more myself. I buy natural products when I can, but for the most part I haven't given it much thought. Until now... 

More than 80,000 chemicals available in the United States have never been fully tested for their toxic effects on our health and environment.

Wow. The Toxic Substance Control Act was made in 1976 and has NOT been reformed once. The EPA cannot evaluate or take action on even known dangerous chemicals because of the way the law is written. This means that there are that many substances out there that are causing harm to us as consumers, and no one really knows the full extent of the danger. Until reform happens, we are continually being exposed and harmed. 


Exposure toxic chemicals has been linked to birth defects, asthma, cancer, Alzheimer's, and learning disabilities. 

The Toxin Freedom Fighters Campaign is for bringing this issue before Congress, and demanding that a reform is made on the Toxic Substance Control Act to make our products safer for our families. YOU can help by signing the petition on their website--

If 100,000 signatures are collected, the petition will be given to Congress on April 30th. 

I understand that there are a lot of 'fads' out there and even I usually think they're bogus, but this is a real danger to us. You don't have to be a tree hugger to care about your environment and what your family is exposed to. Signing this petition is one step to ensure that what you do buy is safe for your family. We have to get all of these dangerous products off the shelves and make sure a change happens. It is likely that we are already paying a heavy price for being exposed to these toxins for so long. We need to protect our children and future generations from the same mistake. 

Seventh Generation is sponsoring this movement, and I do recommend their products. They are 100% natural and safe, which is how all should be. If it is too expensive for you to buy, try making your own cleaning products :)

To learn more about the Toxic Substance Control Act and what you can do visit the Natural Resources Defense Council website.

Again, please sign the petition to push reform on the Toxic Substance Control Act--


Post a Comment