Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I'm not going to lie, I was a little skeptical about trying Matcha green tea powder. I'm not a fan of tea at all but I've been reading for months about the health benefits. With all of my health issues lately, eating and drinking healthier has been on my mind. So when I received the opportunity to try Matcha green tea powder from Kiss Me Organics, I thought it was worth a shot!

The difference between Matcha green tea powder and green tea is essentially that instead of drinking tea from the leaves, you're using the entire leaves ground up. Meaning you don't lose all of the vitamins and nutrients. Here are just a few of the benefits from the Kiss Me Organics' website...

-ALL DAY ENERGY WITH INCREASED FOCUS. Matcha provides 4 to 6 hours of mild steady energy as it acts as both a stimulant and a relaxant. 

- METABOLISM BOOST. Consuming Matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body's own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expenditure.

-​ IMPROVED SKIN HEALTH. Scientists have discovered that Matcha Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin.

-137x THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA! Antioxidants are essential as you age to boost your body's natural defenses against oxidation. Researchers have found that a high level of dietary antioxidants can prevent many age-related diseases.


Since I'm a little hesitant about trying new things, I thought it would be best to add Matcha green tea powder to things I would normally eat or drink.  I found a recipe online for a healthy Matcha shake that I really liked- you can find the recipe HERE. It includes the Matcha powder, vanilla soy milk, banana and watermelon. It was really good and perfect for an early morning boost! 

I also tried making pancakes with the Matcha powder. They were pretty good. I had them with extra apples on the side. You can find that recipe HERE.

Overall I was excited to try Matcha green tea powder because of the health and energy benefits. I'm a coffee addict and that's usually where I get my energy from..but it's not the healthiest option, especially when I add in all of the creamer! I probably won't switch to the breakfast shakes every day, but I do think they are a great alternative. 

If you are looking for an easy way to add a little flavor to your drinks and meals, and you want something healthy, check out Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder from Kiss Me Organics, you won't be disappointed! 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Post a Comment